Thursday, May 21, 2009

A sight to see


I was driving home from the grocery store one day about 2 weeks ago, when I passed a grass farm on the way home, and this was what a section of it looked like. So I pulled a Uturn on the road, and went back, pulled off the road, and took a picture of it. Thought it was a really nice scene. Very peaceful. We have a lot of grass farms in our area, and pieces of sod are constantly on the road. Many times I've stopped to get a big square of sod off the road, put it in my trunk, and brought it home to put it in a bare spot at home, so that I'll have grass again. At least until the clover and I am not sure WHAT weed it is, takes over. Although once high summer comes, we will have to water each day, so the lawn is not crunchy.

2 comments:

  1. There are fields like that in Fort Bend County. They are really nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we see them when we drive up to Houston. Usually I can't get my husband to stop and let me take a picture. I've taken to keeping a camera in the car now, for when I see something I want to take a picture of around town or around the county.

    ReplyDelete