We went up to Houston today to do some shopping, and tried a new buffet - DiMassi's Mediterranean Buffet in Sugarland. Apart from the Arab MTV on the wall, the food was pretty good. This was on the buffet, and as much as I love hummus, this was much tastier.
Baba Ghanoush - also known as Baba Ghanouj and Baba Ganoush - is a dip or spread made of roasted eggplant and tahini. Simply roast the eggplant, scoop out the softened pulp, and then puree with tahini and seasonings. The seasonings used in this recipe for Baba Ghanoush are garlic, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Dip fresh pita bread or cut vegetables into the Baba Ghanoush for a healthy snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
* 1 large eggplant
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. Tahini
* 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
* 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celcius).
2. Prick the eggplant with a fork. Then place on a cookie sheet and put into the hot oven.
3. Roast the eggplant for about 40 minutes or until very soft inside.
4. Cool completely.
5. Scoop out the eggplant's pulp and place in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until pureed, but still has some texture.
6. Refrigerate. Serve chilled with fresh pita bread.
3 months ago