This is why the Second Amendment was written into the Constitution:
A 71-year-old woman delivering newspapers with her daughter remained in intensive care Thursday night after she was shot twice in the back by Los Angeles police detectives during a massive manhunt for a fugitive ex-LAPD officer, according to the womens' attorney.
Emma Hernandez was delivering the Los Angeles Times with her daughter, Margie Carranza, 47, in Torrance early Thursday when police officers apparently mistook their pickup for that of Christopher Jordan Dorner, the 33-year-old fugitive suspected of killing three people and injuring two others.
The officers riddled the women's blue pickup with bullets in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue.
The attorney for the women said, "...it looked like the police had the goal of administering street justice and in so doing, didn't take the time to notice that these two older, small Latina women don't look like a large black man."
The guy that they are looking for is black, 6 feet tall, and weighs 270 lbs.
This is police out of control...and why, if only cops had guns, we'd have a good reason to be afraid.
Speaking of stuff like that, the government recently bought another few million rounds of hollow points. Throw that in with an Executive Order Obama signed - giving the government control over everything "in case of national emergency". The Executive Order is found here http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness">http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness. Some interesting parts:
Sec. 201. Priorities and Allocations Authorities. (a) The authority of the President conferred by section 101 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071, to require acceptance and priority performance of contracts or orders (other than contracts of employment) to promote the national defense over performance of any other contracts or orders, and to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated to the following agency heads:
(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;
(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;
(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;
(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;
(5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and
(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.
Now, ain't THAT special?
On another note - that method of housecleaning really works. A few weeks later, my house is cleaner, the dust bunnies no longer have 6 inch fangs dripping poison, and hubby is happier.
Onward and upward!
3 months ago