Sunday, May 10, 2009

A New Blog added - a great one!

I just found his blog the other day, but already I can tell this one is gonna be a favorite one to go read. HERE. This post I love - why? Because prisoners *should* work for their keep. Why are we paying tens of thousands of dollars each year to house these hoo-haws? Give them all kinds of stuff, cable television, workout equipment, pretty much whatever their little hearts desire. Except freedom, of course. The prison farm at Clemens unit here in Texas used to have the prisoners out there with hoes, and sometimes a tractor, growing their own crops and they had some cattle out there, for a dairy, to be pretty much self-sustaining. Now its a juvie place, and I see the fields lying fallow. I say get those prisoners out there - in striped PJs.. with hoes and guards on horses with shotguns and rifles. Bring back balogna sandwiches, and oatmeal in the morning for breakfast. What are we feeding them? Wait! I know.. it's shown up at my grocery store as "value meat". Heavy beef, is what they are feeding them. Probably better quality hamburger than we used to get in the Navy.

Anyway.. enough on my rambles, go over and read Bob's blog, I think you will enjoy it as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. Diane:
    ...And I'd bet they ain't POWDERED EGGS and SPUDS they're gettin' either...(ah, that wonderful military cuisine)

    And thanks for the shout-out.
    I am truly humbled...and that ain't easy at MY age...LOL.

    B.G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are the only one from blogs that I link to that actually reads what I have written :P I enjoy your blog.. you say bluntly what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane:
    Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, right?

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete