Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Overbearing government

I've about had it with government and the politicians that are elected. There are a few that I actually like - Rand Paul is running for the Kentucky Senate, and his father, Ron Paul, and Dan Patrick of the Texas Senate, District 7. I don't live in his district, but I listen to his radio show in the afternoons (AM 700, KSEV radio, 4 to 6 pm) or at least try to, if my radio will tune it in (sometimes weather interferes with my reception with my home radio).

I've had it with Obama and his lawbreaking ways. I didn't vote for Bush, and I haven't voted Republican or Democrat for president since Reagan was in office. If I remember right, I think I voted for Mondale (I was from Minnesota, and he was too, that's all I knew about politics then, that was the reason I voted for him).

He breaks the Constitution right and left, bending it here and there, the press says nothing.

I think many in the government are going to get a big surprise when the elections are coming around. Both Democrat and Republican.

The 9/12 march on Washington DC, was counted from what I've heard from people calling in to Edd Hendee and Pat Gray were around 250k from reports from park police. Thats alot of people pissed off at the government. Consider the people who couldn't get to Washington DC for that march.

THIS page asks if Obama can force you to buy health insurance, and talks about the 10th amendment, and the interstate commerce clause, which has been abused for way too long by the government.

That interstate commerce clause, by the way, is how the ATF forces its way into local cases, involving guns. Because a PART is manufactured in another state, and the gun is sold in one state, not the state that the part is manufactured in. That is why several states are looking at passing laws that allow manufacturers to make guns IN the state, parts from the state, stamped "made in Montana" or "made in Tennessee" and thus the ATF and the Feds cannot stomp their way over everything.

Don't know what cops think of this bit about guns being manufactured, but I think it's a good idea to get the Feds out of more things. States rights are trampled every day. Look at health insurance right now. You cannot buy health insurance from out of state, even if you could buy it cheaper. Why not? Because the dang Feds say so. Why is that their business? Because they feel that they are entitled to poke their noses into every dang thing they want to. Liberals love to say they are for the government to get their hands off this and that, but they really aren't. They are for more and more government, more big brother, more "let's do this and that for you.". I was reading at that poetry site last night, and even though I dislike her, Maya Angelou had a poem that sort of summed up liberal thoughts:

Momma Welfare Roll

Her arms semaphore fat triangles,
Pudgy hands bunched on layered hips
Where bones idle under years of fatback
And lima beans.
Her jowls shiver in accusation
Of crimes clichéd by
Repetition. Her children, strangers
To childhood's toys, play
Best the games of darkened doorways,
Rooftop tag, and know the slick feel of
Other people's property.

Too fat to whore,
Too mad to work,
Searches her dreams for the
Lucky sign and walks bare-handed
Into a den of bureaucrats for
Her portion.
'They don't give me welfare.
I take it.'

Doesn't that just say it all? What was it that I started off on? This has just turned into a ranting vent :P oh well, I feel better for having vented a bit. Maybe a lighthearted posting later on today after I vacuum up the remains of the tassel off the couch pillow the devil kitten has ripped off, leaving 3 tassels remaining on the 2 pillows. She has already taken off all the buttons on the other pillows :|

EVIL, EVIL, i tell you!

2 comments:

  1. The Federal Government has gotten out of control for a while. It just seems like it is slipping faster each day. I believe in states rights. I believe in smaller government. Let free enterprise dictate the market not government sactions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It started back in the 20s with the progressives, and they are back in office now. Its only going to get worse.

    ReplyDelete