Saturday, January 17, 2009

Remember these?

The Frito Bandito pencil topper from the late 60s? I had more than just a few. Wish I had kept them around! They are collectors items now. There is an Ebay auction for one, going right now for $31 current bid. Go figure. All these things we had as children, and just played with, and lost.

Ayiee, yie-yie-yieeee,
I am dee Frito Bandito.
I love Frito's Corn Chips,
I love dem I do.
I love Frito's Corn Chips,
I take dem from you.
I can still hear in my head the little Frito Bandito cartoon on the television singing this song when I read the words. I guess it's not politically correct anymore to have a large mustachioed mexican bandito complete with gun cartridges swinging across his chest singing about Fritos, but it sure was cute. What made me think of this? Who knows? My mind wool-gathers alot.

On another note, went to the Houston symphony last night, heard a Tchaikovsky violin concerto that we had heard Leila Josefowitz play a couple years before. She really tore up her bow on that piece, 6 strings hanging down loose by the time she ended it, he (Leonidas Kavakos) only had one loose string hanging down from his bow. But both performances were superb. She's like a rockstar, go figure.. she really gets into the music. If you like classical, see if you can find her performing somewhere and go see it. Will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment