Sunday, January 18, 2009

Houston Marathon - half marathon

Well not much happened today with me, but my husband Paul ran the half marathon up at the Houston Marathon - he finished with a time just under 1:40 for 13.1 miles.

Records were set at this year's full marathons, Deriba Merga of Ethiopia crossed the finish line to win the 2009 Chevron Houston Marathon with a course record time of 2:07:52. The first woman to cross the finish line was also from Ethiopia. Teyba Erkesso’s time was 2:24:18. It was her first-ever marathon and she beat the previous record by seconds.

Men's half marathon winners:

1) Dathan Ritzenhein,1:01:34

2) Meb Keflezighi,1:01:40

3) Brett Gotcher, 1:02:12


Women's half marathon winners:

1) Kelly Jaske, 1:12:00

2) Desiree Davila, 1:23:17

3) Amy Rudolph, 1:12:30


My youngest daughter, is in training right now to run her first 5k the end of February up in Ft. Worth, the Cowtown, and hubby will be running his first full marathon (26.2 miles) that day also. I started a couch to 5k program when daughter did, but did a klutzy thing, tripped over a board and fell hard on my knee, now in PT for my knee, no running, jogging, kneeling, squatting, biking on my leg. bah. I was hoping to get to jog/walk a 5k in February, to be able to do it! I have 2 weeks left of PT, and then back to the doctor, maybe I can get back into the swing of things, and back on that couch to 5k program, or at least back to biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment