Friday, October 16, 2009

Yum, Pico

I like pico de gallo on my fajitas, on taco salads, etc. I found a quick and easy recipe from a San Antonio restaraunt of the same name -

3 medium tomatoes
1 medium sweet yellow onion
3 jalapenos (more or less, according to how hot you want it)
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped (or less if you don't like as much cilantro as I do!)
salt

Cut up the tomatoes into a 1/2 inch dice, along with the onions. Cut the jalapenos a bit smaller, around 1/4 inch dice. Mix it all together with the cilantro in a bowl, and put it in the fridge to mellow a bit. Add a pinch of salt if desired. I usually put in 2 pinches of salt. Makes a good amount of pico, and it's way cheaper than the grocery store's. Theirs at HEB is 3.99 for a 10 or 12 oz container, and this makes more for less, or around the same price depending on tomato prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment