Thursday, October 15, 2009

A plant at church





This plant, when I bought it, was around a foot tall. The sign didn't say it would get over 5 feet tall, and as bushy around as it said. I planted it at the church this spring, and now we have to have ropes around it to contain it so it doesn't whack people along the sidewalk. I put my purse and camera case (blue) in front of the plant to give a bit of perspective on how large this thing is. It's a medium sized purse, not a small one. If you are looking for a big, ornate plant that looks pretty nice, attracts butterflies, this is the one for you - it's a Texas native plant and I am not sure what it is called.. but here is a couple of pictures of it. The bottom picture is of it when it was small and under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment