Monday, July 6, 2009

Busy this week


I'm busy this past week, painting the purple room. Sorry about the quality of the picture, florescent lighting does a really bad things to a cell phone evidently. The new paint is a darker shade of a robin egg blue, and the white is just the primer. That green bookcase is HEAVY being it is full of old schoolbooks, and when I say old, I found a '58 yearbook from the school that the church had, when there were 200 students there, and some old textbooks. AND I found this old book in there, printed in 1909. Interesting. Gave that one to the preacher for his library. Wasn't in great quality, but not totally falling apart. Was on Luke's gospel.

This week, I will be painting the other Sunday school room/Sparks (AWANA club) room - one wall portion will be completely white, where we will put the Sparks characters painted on there (from enlarging from clipart) and the other walls which are paneled, have 4 narrow panels between 2 wide ones, those are going to be white, and the narrow ones will be red, blue, yellow and green. Bright room!

Throw into that getting my room ready for Vacation Bible School FUN! last year I had 3 incidents of biting. My youngest daughter got bit 3 times, by 2 different little boys. She is loathe to help again this year, she says "I have to work.. yeah.. that's it.. I have to work!" I will be teaching the little ones again, the 5 and 6 year olds. At least this year I managed to get another adult to help me so I'm not stuck with 18 5 and 6 year olds and 2 teenagers to assist me.. that is just total madness! I've done VBS on the Navajo reservation, and had each year ONE child misbehave, go talk to the missionary, return and apologize, and no problem the rest of the time. And all of them come the full 5 days. Here however, we never know who's going to show up how many days, and they are all misbehaving. Its very rare to have someone behave. On the rez, I've had 2 and 3 year olds in my class, and they behave better than the 5 and 6 year olds here, who act like wild animals. And they call this civilization?

No comments:

Post a Comment