Saturday, May 1, 2010

Enough?



I'm watching Cavuto right now, and they are talking about this saying of Obama. Who determines "how much money" is enough? The government? The state? The idiot financial regulators who said that loaning money to people that can't afford it is a good idea? Remember Joe the Plumber, when Obama was campaigning, and he talked about "spreading the wealth"? This is it. Does Warren Buffet make too much money? George Soros? Bill Gates? What are they going to do, cap salaries in all industries? They've already started it in the financial industry. What's to stop them from doing it to other sectors of business?

This is why it's important for YOU to get involved with politics, and find out WHAT your senator/congressman believes, and votes for/against. Contact them with your opinion. Let them know if you approve/disapprove. Don't think that "I'm only one person, what can I do?".. if everyone thought this way, nothing would get accomplished.

On another note, it's starting to be summer here in south Texas. We had to have the AC on all day yesterday, and it's already on this morning as of 8 am. Its humid here, and the hot weather is not far behind. My hibiscus are blooming, and the winter plants are dying out.

This big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is going to ruin the beach-going for this summer. I was hoping to spend some weekends at the beach, looking for shells, and just sitting in the shallows (I know a shark is out there with my name on it if I go past knee-deep in the water!) I know there are hammerheads out there, as they catch them off the pier. I can't see surf-fishing out there, with daid and bleeding fish lashed to you, with sharks out there. Seems it would be a good way to get bit.

1 comment:

  1. Diane:
    ...And the weird part is, I didn't WANT to get involved with politics...at least certainly NOT on the NATIONAL level.
    I've got PUH-LENTY of issues JUST with my own LOCAL governemnt with which I can easily take THEM to task for miserable failures.

    But we all gotta do what we gotta do, eh?

    Very Good post...!

    ReplyDelete