Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a long day...

I've been doing alot of reading since getting up so early. Found lots of good reading on this "tax" that is coming out of the Obamacare - or is it a tax? First, they said it was constitutional under the Commerce Clause - *however*, they are trying a different tack, so they trotted out that it's a 'tax'. But then again, is that Constitutional? I found an interesting abstract about this very subject.

"Willis and Chung demonstrate how I.R.C. § 5000A – the HEALTH CARE ACT penalty – is an unapportioned Capitation Tax, violative of U.S. CONSTITUTION ARTICLE I, Section 9. As they demonstrate, the "penalty" is – at least on its face - a tax. To be a Constitutional tax, it must be an Excise Tax, an Income Tax, or a proportional Capitation Tax. Through the process of elimination, they demonstrate the penalty is none of these.

Others convincingly demonstrate the "penalty" is unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause. They argue the "penalty" is indeed a penalty and not a tax. Willis and Chung pick up where that argument leaves off: if that argument fails and the Court finds this is a tax, it is an unconstitutional unapportioned Direct Tax."

Doesn't that make you smile? I wonder how Obama et al will try to wiggle out of this one.
Its flat-out Fascism - one of those lovely children of collectivism - that things are pubicly owned, and a facade of privately run. That's what the Obama administration is going to turn insurance companies into.

I found an an interesting article at www.bannedbooks.com/, that states:

"Government-business partnerships. A third defining characteristic of economic fascism is that private property and business ownership are permitted, but are in reality controlled by government through a business-government "partnership." As Ayn Rand often noted, however, in such a partnership government is always the senior or dominating "partner."

Darn, this is a good article. It's definately recommended reading! Even though it was penned in 1994, much of this is coming true in today's administration.

On another note, I've been told I'm horrid for merely saying the word "fag". To me, they're mis-using the word, by *only* accounting it as slang. I guess I should "look at her queerly". Not that I would *try* to tweak someone's nose that way, but the misuse of words, and the abuse of them, just drives me loco. But then I'm intolerant that way. I hold people to the meaning of the words they say, and from what I've seen, that is not popular.

Oh yes - yet another ADD minute for you:

Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican, proposed yesterday that people seeking unemployment benefits or welfare undergo drug tests before they can receive benefits.

But of course, this would make *way* too much sense, so of course we can't do that. The ACLU is against drug testing for recipients. I think, although our civil liberties are something to be prized, if you're going to take money from the government, you'd better be prepared to give up something to the government (your urine). A bill was started in Lousiana about this, however, it was not gone over, and just died. Liberals probably think "good riddance to bad rubbish", however, I know there are Democrats out there that support drug testing for welfare/unemployment.

And now for something completely different:

(Cut to Inspector Praline.)

Praline: Hello again. I am at present still on film, but in a few seconds I shall be appearing in the studio. Thank you.

(Cut to studio. A door opens. Inspector Praline looks round door. )

Inspector Praline: (to camera) Hello. (he walks in followed by Superintendent Parrot and goes to desk) Mr Milton? You are sole proprietor and owner of the Whizzo Chocolate Company?

Milton: I am.

Praline: Superintendent Parrot and I are from the hygiene squad. We want to have a word with you about your box of chocolates entified The Whizzo Quality Assortment.

Milton: Ah, yes.

Praline: (producing box of chocolates) If I may begin at the beginning. First there is the cherry fondue. This is extremely nasty, but we can't prosecute you for that.

Milton: Agreed.

Praline: Next we have number four, 'crunchy frog'.

Milton: Ah, yes.

Praline: Am I right in thinking there's a real frog in here?

Milton: Yes. A little one.

Praline: What sort of frog?

Milton: A dead frog.

Praline: Is it cooked?

Milton: No.

Praline: What, a raw frog?

(Superintendent Parrot looks increasingly queasy.)

Milton: We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.

Praline: That's as maybe, it's still a frog.

Milton: What else?

Praline: Well don't you even take the bones out?

Milton: If we took the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy would it?

Praline: Superintendent Parrot ate one of those.

Parrot: Excuse me a moment. (exits hurriedly)

Milton: It says 'crunchy frog' quite clearly.

Praline: Well, the superintendent thought it was an almond whirl. People won't expect there to be a frog in there. They're bound to think it's some form of mock frog.

Milton: (insulted) Mock frog? We use no artificial preservatives or additives of any kind!

Praline: Nevertheless, I must warn you that in future you should delete the words 'crunchy frog', and replace them with the legend 'crunchy raw unboned real dead frog', if you want to avoid prosecution.

Milton: What about our sales?

Praline: I'm not interested in your sales, I have to protect the general public. Now how about this one. (superintendent enters) It was number five, wasn't it? (superintendent nods) Number five, ram's bladder cup. (exit superintendent) What kind of confection is this?

Milton: We use choicest juicy chunks of fresh Cornish ram's bladder, emptied, steamed, flavoured with sesame seeds whipped into a fondue and garnished with lark's vomit.

Praline: Lark's vomit?

Milton: Correct.

Praline: Well it don't say nothing about that here.

Milton: Oh yes it does, on the bottom of the box, after monosodium glutamate.

Praline: (looking) Well I hardly think this is good enough. I think it would be more appropriate if the box bore a large red label warning lark's vomit.

Milton: Our sales would plummet.

Praline: Well why don't you move into more conventional areas of confectionery, like praline or lime cream; a very popular flavour I'm led to understand. (superintendent enters) I mean look at this one, 'cockroach cluster', (superintendent exits) 'anthrax ripple'. What's this one, 'spring surprise'?

Milton: Ah - now, that's our speciality - covered with darkest creamy chocolate. When you pop it in your mouth steel bolts spring out and plunge straight through-both cheeks.

Praline: Well where's the pleasure in that? If people place a nice chocky in their mouth, they don't want their cheeks pierced. In any case this is an inadequate description of the sweetmeat. I shall have to ask you to accompany me to the station.

Milton: (getting up from desk and being led away) It's a fair cop.

Praline: Stop talking to the camera.

Milton: I'm sorry.

(Superintendent Parrot enters the room as Inspector Praline and Milton leave, and addresses the camera.)

Parrot: If only the general public would take more care when buying its sweeties, it would reduce the number of man-hours lost to the nation and they would spend less time having their stomachs pumped and sitting around in public lavatories.

Announcer: The BBC would like to apologize for the extremely poor quality of the next announcement, only he's not at all well.

Parrot: We present 'The Dull Life of a City Stockbroker'.

2 comments:

  1. Diane:
    God bless you all the other bloggers out there that allow me to read things I either miss or don't have time to check up on.
    (and believe you me, there is SO much out there these days)

    I wind up discovering and learning MORE online than I can possibly ever do everywhere else.

    ROFLMAO...Monty Python...brilliant!
    ("If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be CRUNCHY now, would it?"....LOL!)
    God, I've got that on a 2 album VINYL set...!

    Keep those hits coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there is TONS out there, so much good stuff! I had like 10 tabs open, and I had to open a 2nd window with tabs for everything.

    Monty Python is a favorite here - We just watched Monty Python & The Holy Grail the other week - Run away! run away!

    ReplyDelete