Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Email to DC

Ok...so I am FED UP with the rank stupidity, and gross neglect of common-sense that DC is doing - so I started emailing my senators - Kay Bailey Hutchinson, and John Cornyn.

I only remember a little of what I wrote to Hutchinson, but basically that you cannot go on a spending spree to Macy's one-day sale, planning on spending $1500, and spend $1000 and call that a spending cut. that it is insanity, and that I'm ashamed of the morons in Washington.

To John Cornyn, his handy-dandy auto reponder regurgitated my email to him - so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Your Message:

What on God's green earth is having you vote for this monstrosity? I'm aghast at the spending you guys are doing up there. This is the crap that is forcing me out of the Republican party, as they are just now "democrat lite". What part of NO MORE SPENDING do you people up there NOT understand? If I had the chance YOU have to make a stand and say NO I would have jumped at it, but you rolled right over into their laps. If I used a credit card the way you guys spend up there, I'd be long dead before it was even paid off. You CANNOT CONTINUE TO SPEND MONEY. Start introducing bills CUTTING things, that would be state issues, according to the Constitution. When you were elected, you swore an oath to God to uphold it. Who cares what they think of you? Do what's RIGHT according to the Constitution and the oath you swore. You'd garner much more support if you actually took a stand like that. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the whole process. I can stand sausage making, but what this government has devolved to, the baseness, is something that is utterly vomitrocious.

This was just one little rant. I can't bring myself to call their offices, as I would probably be hung up on, for screaming epithets at them at the top of my lungs. Plus, raise my blood pressure beyond reasonable levels.

Tonight's dinner is baked tilapia, with crab cakes on the side, and steamed broccoli. When we flew to Boston for the marathon, we had a layover in Baltimore, and it was necessary that I try crabcakes. We went to the Phillips Seafood place there, and :O it was DELICIOUS! Don't bother with the appetizer crab cakes, go directly to the lump crab cakes, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Here is the recipe they used (and I use now!)

Ingredients

8oz. Phillips Crab Meat
1/2 tsp. Phillips Seafood Seasoning (I use Old Bay, and more than a half tsp)
1 egg
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. mustard (I use yellow sunshine mustard)
1 1/2 tsp. melted butter (i just cut off some butter from the stick that looks good)
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 c. breadcrumbs or Ritz crackers, finely crushed (the exact amount of Ritz crackers is 7)


Preparation Instructions

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for crab meat. Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps. Shape into cakes. Pan fry or bake at 375°F degrees for 12-15 minutes or until evenly brown on each side and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.

This is from the phillipsfoods.com website, which has lots of other crabby recipes.

I pan-fry mine in about 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, with a smidgen of olive oil thrown in there to prevent early browning of butter.

2 comments:

  1. Diane:
    My late mother LOVED good crab cakes, and after reading this recipe, I'm sure she's SMILING DOWN on you...
    Lump crab cakes are SO much better...YUM!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Stay safe (and keep cool) down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason down here in Texas, they put green peppers and stuff in their crabcakes. It just doesn't taste good IMHO. The above recipe tastes like a crabcake should.

    ReplyDelete