Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funeral today


The church that I go to, the guy that does the job of Treasurer passed away. His funeral was today. Makes me think ...what if hub kicks off first... lots of deep thoughts, not sure that they're even coherent enough to put down.

I know I haven't written much, and much has been going on. I have to go see the doc to see about this cough, so when I get feeling better I'll rant on about various things (Al Sharpton comes to mind!)

I also started crocheting Christmas presents, and I have a sweater made for a friend's neice, I think it turned out cute. Now just to find some thread to sew on the button!

Here is something that has been irking me for a while.. the "bullying" junk. This article has some good thoughts about it. http://www.federaljack.com/?p=119185

2 comments:

  1. Diane:
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your church treasurer...
    Considering I used to do the SAME job in MY church in Philly, thjat hits home for me.

    And I always wonder "what if" regarding passing away and the missus.
    I want her to make sure SHE is taken care of, and that SHE has the means to do what's needed in HER life...yeah, I'm kinda weird that way, right?
    I often forget to make sure all MY loose ends are tied up even.

    As to the bullying thing...I posted today about a school bus fight...sent one girl to the hospital.
    And I included "my take" on it.

    ((BTW, I wear a size Sm for men, and my hat size is 7 just in case...LOL))

    Take care & stay safe down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I was talking to another lady that had lost her husband in the past 2 years, she said she wished she knew how to use more tools to fix stuff around the house, as her husband used to do that for her before. I know when my mom died, my dad was lost - he didn't know how to write a check. Life insurance is good - but also knowing how to do everything that needs doing, would be a good thing. I told hubby he'd better not die first :P

    ReplyDelete