Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday's thinkings

Well.. I am rather glad hubby did NOT qualify for the Boston Marathon this year, as on Boyleston Street, is where I (and last year my  youngest) watch the race. And it would be about the time that hubby would be coming in, crossing the finish line.  God is so good!  Although hubby was upset about his knees, God works in ways that we have no idea of, and no realization that it's for our (sometimes eventual) good.  Monday his co-workers were coming by his desk, calling him, and emailing him, to make sure he wasn't at the Marathon again this year.

I was watching the news a while ago, and this picture recently came to mind from a conversation about President Pookie and Vladimir Putin:


Femen was protesting, and it appears that Putin enjoyed it hahaha! I don't even remember what they were protesting, it's just that Putin's expression struck me as funny.

Just to make Bobby G.hungry (go visit his blog at http://the-pa-in-connection.blogspot.com/ - he posts every day, and more than my hit-or-miss postings!), I was looking at my Facebook, and the preacher's wife had posted this lovely picture of mini muffin corndogs! It looks easy, tasty, and something you can do with your small children (or grandchildren), and that they would enjoy:



Ingredients:

1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.

In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.

Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.

Bake for 8-12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.

Hubby is attending the ODTUG (Oracle) computer conference this year, in New Orleans - I am going with, and I'm looking forward to getting back there again.  We were last there (for a previous conference) in May 2005, a few months before Katrina hit.  I'm hoping the knitting/yarn store is still there on Royal Street, plus I plan on spending a full day at the WW2 Museum there. Last time we were there I spent a few hours, got to talk to a man that had been at the D-Day invasion of France, and they were planning on expanding into the Pacific theater in the coming years.   Their website is http://www.ddaymuseum.org/  They have an exhibit on POWs in Germany while we will be there, I am looking forward to seeing that.

For your entertainment, here is the link to the gift from Houston that keeps on giving - the Congresswomaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Sheila Jackson Lee - audio of her: http://michaelberry.iheart.com/pages/SheilaJacksonLee.html

Did you know we still have a N. Vietnam and a S. Vietnam?  Enjoy, and get a hearty laugh...at one of the people that keep getting elected to DC.

2 comments:

  1. Diane:
    You know, while I WAS enjoying my Pastrami & Swiss on rye (warmed nicely to boot), you just HAD to ruin that (and that ain't easy) with that MARVELOUSLY tasty recipe you posted.
    It's a good trade-off, considering...LOL.

    Now, I'm not a corn-dog fan (I'm from the EAST coast where BACON and cheesesteaks rule), but damn, THOSE look great!
    You had me hooked w/ the melted BUTTER, sugar, and ALL-BEEF hot dogs.

    I know what I'd like to have to chase down that pastrami...HAH!

    Have a great weekend.

    Stay safe down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  Lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete